Who made this skillet?

PGrush

I have another free skillet that I just finished cleaning, not sure what to think about it.

Based on the unmarked section of this site, it appears that it may be an unmarked Wagner ('60s or later) - but it also appears to be of poor/sloppy quality. As you can see from the pictures, the lettering is not crisp, the outside is rough. There is a "4" or "A", or arrow on the underside of the handle and a "C" or "G" at 6 0'clock, it also has that quality control screw head marking. It was not real dirty or used when I cleaned it and you can see it still has finish grinding marks on the cooking surface. Also, not sure if it is marked 11 3/4 or 11 1/4? The clearest marking is the 10 on the top-side of the handle. It is a heavy/thick skillet.

Thoughts?

http://sdrv.ms/1aTIKUw

That's a later, post-1960 unmarked Wagner. It may also have been sold as a Wagner, with a paper label affixed. If you can get these cheap enough, the ones still with the polished cooking surfaces anyway, they make good users. They're a bit heavier than the older WWSO pieces, probably due to automated manufacturing. The screwhead is either a production or quality control identifier.

Back