Another mystery pan

Bonnie Scott

A friend of mine dropped this little skillet off at my house today while I was at work. It is really thick with crud so I can't see any markings. I am thinking it might be Asian but the single pour and the handle make me wonder. :icon_scratchchin:

http://i.imgur.com/5GnxFAK.jpg

Yesterday another friend at work told me he had a huge cast iron skillet with a lid sitting in his yard. He is a Caterer and we agreed to a trade for a large stainless steel stockpot that I never use. When I first saw this I thought it was an import but it doesn't have any markings. I put it next to a #3 just for size comparison. The underside of the lid is unmarked as well. It weighs a ton.
http://i.imgur.com/WgiTuuO.jpg

Thanks Scott, that does look like it except my handle looks more like the handle on the Lodge stir fry pan. I wonder if the lid came with it? I was actually more excited about the lid then I was the pan.

Handles are different between the one Bonnie showed and the one DSB showed, but I still think they're both Asian imports. I also think the caterer who got the SS stock pot got the better deal. :)

I don't know abouth ss pot,but that skillet here on Houston with lid people will pay easily $40 at flea markets:icon_thumbsup:

I bet you do Bonnie. I wasn't looking at the handle at all, my mistake. I was comparing the assist handles and their design that they look like Lodge's assist handles. Good catch on the handles though. Planning a southern pick Bonnie?

I bet you do Bonnie. I wasn't looking at the handle at all, my mistake. I was comparing the assist handles and their design that they look like Lodge's assist handles. Good catch on the handles though. Planning a southern pick Bonnie?
I am not planning a southern pick, did you mean Tucson or Mexico? I am planning on going to Quartzsite again this year but it's more West than South.

No, I was meaning Houston when Edgar said you could get a good price for your pan and I thought you were in Indiana. I hear the southwest is a good place to go looking anyway.

Back