Today's Finds

I am looking in the Griswold pattern list and I see that the 3 is 668 and the 4 is 669. Did they only make the 3 and 4 skillets in the 3 hole handle? Until I saw your new little treasure I thought the 3 hole handle was a Wagner thing.

Those are the only ones I'm aware of. Here it is cleaned up. Didn't think to bother to check an apparently unused skillet for cracks, but it is. Also odd is that it does not appear to have been polish ground.
Image Image

It makes me wonder if the crack might have happened at the foundry and that is the reason it never made it to the polishing process?

It makes me wonder if the crack might have happened at the foundry and that is the reason it never made it to the polishing process?

I was thinking the exact same thing. "Factory seconds" must have ended up someplace, even if they were pilfered out by employees.

I came across an American Brass and Iron chef skillet with original label still in place that had two small hairline cracks in the rim that appeared to have formed before it was polish ground. At least the folks in Pennsylvania had enough sense not to polish cracked specimens. Lazy Californians....

Back