Real deal ERIE??

RickC

Saw this on Ebay......

erie_001.JPG

erie_002.JPG

Just me, or is the handle, and the reinforcement ALL wrong? Inside, seems smooth enough, but I just have this gut feeling that all is not right. :icon_scratchchin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Erie-Pre-Gr...593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c90c39ff1

The handle moreso than the reinforcement IMO. Everything else looks legit. If it's a knockoff, it's a very good one.

At issue IMOM;
Lack of Quotes around the ERIE trademark. The sixth series did lack the Quotes around the ERIE trademark, but had an inset heat ring. As this pan has the outside heat ring.

The letter E, just does not look right.

The letter R, rounder on the bottom leg.

The lack of reinforced lip, and or Blended lip.

The handle.

All red flags to me. Sad part, someone will be taken.

I have seen 2 or 3 like this, different sizes and from different series, with what appears to be a pattern that had its rib and reinforcement pad blended after the fact, and with a vestige of the rib showing near the handle hole end. In the case of one, the authenticity was similarly questioned, but the consensus leaned toward authentic. Doesn't seem like a modification a copy cat would go to the trouble to make. This one would be a 3rd series, a period of quite a bit of transition in Erie skillets. There are also enough inconsistencies across all Erie skillet series that exceptions are often seen. See: http://www.castironcollector.com/erie.php

A 2nd series, no quotes:

what appears to be a pattern that had its rib and reinforcement pad blended after the fact,

Just what do you mean "blended after the fact"

I know that you have seen much more iron that I. Have you seen any of the letters rounded like the letter R? The few (25+) that I have seen have all been block letters.

I will not be bidding on it, just does not feel right. :icon_scratchchin:

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been online in a couple days.

No, I didn't get it. I'm on an Iron free diet for a little while. (No purchasing new iron)

What are the lyrics to that song..... "its been a long time since I could say that I was not addicted"??

Any pics of the new piece?

Doctor's orders, Get your Iron. Diet plan or not. :icon_rofl:

See, this is why I like coming here. There's no guilt trips about spending money on rusty old iron.. People with meTal disorders are encouraged around here, and everyone could use a little encouragement. :wink:

Bills are paid. What's left is mine to do as I please. So There! :)

See, this is why I like coming here. There's no guilt trips about spending money on rusty old iron.. People with meTal disorders are encouraged around here, and everyone could use a little encouragement. :wink:

Bills are paid. What's left is mine to do as I please. So There! :)

It is called mental support, well Doctors orders do help. So did you have your iron today. I am on the way out the door to Rutland, VT today. Going hit as many shops on the way that has Iron as I can, also time to get a new stove for my iron seasoning. :mrgreen:

It is called mental support, well Doctors orders do help. So did you have your iron today. I am on the way out the door to Rutland, VT today. Going hit as many shops on the way that has Iron as I can, also time to get a new stove for my iron seasoning. :mrgreen:

Was going to go to the flea market today, but the wind has been so bad for the last 2 days I doubted many would show up, and I wasn't really looking forward to walking around in it for 3 hours. So, Nope.

Back