Anybody Got Any Ideas for This One... Chicken Fryer with Lid with Raised Size on Both

D_Madden

I'm still working on it... but it's clean enough to get some pics... appears to be a 'set'... the '8's match... don't think I've ever seen basting drippers quite like this before... dimpled like BSR, but in a consistent pattern. the bottom has a full inset heat ring, raised '12' as a molder's mark and some sort of incised marking from the pattern... handle doesn't resemble anything else either

https://imgur.com/gallery/lMKlDfy

BSR Century Series lids have a precise dimple pattern similar to the lid you have posted but not the same if you know what I mean.
Lodge made a Dutch Oven Skillet that had an assist tab similar to the piece you have. They also had raised numbers on the handle and raised letters on the bottoms to I.D. the molders mark.
Martin King Stove and Range used a symbol similar to the "M" your piece has but it also included the S&R Co, along with a M or K placed above the S&R Co.
Too many variations to be consistent with any one maker so I'm guessing that it was molded by an independent maker that took a little similarities from several of the major makers and made their own version of how it should look. Just a guess....

Back