Double Gate Marked 15 Inch Bailed Griddle

D_Madden

got this the other day... surprisingly thin and light, some roughness, pitting on the bottom... I think the mark is a size... - 14 , at least that's what it looks like to me... the outside edge to edge measurement is a bit over 15 inches. cooking surface is smooth and still shows the factory polishing swirl... except for that one pit/flaw in the middle there. I'm not sure I have anything large enough to heat this thing up on... the heat ring is about 12 inches across... maybe I could rig up some sort of heat diffuser that fits in there to heat it more evenly.

https://imgur.com/a/2HQRE

Nothing preheats big iron more evenly than the oven. Preheat in the oven, then use the largest burner on the stove for cooking.

Nothing preheats big iron more evenly than the oven. Preheat in the oven, then use the largest burner on the stove for cooking.

I agree with heating up in oven.

Question though: Do you raise the temp in steps or just set it to your desired end temp? I usually do 300 then step up to 500 but I've been thinking the step up prob inst necessary.

I agree with heating up in oven.

Question though: Do you raise the temp in steps or just set it to your desired end temp? I usually do 300 then step up to 500 but I've been thinking the step up prob inst necessary.

I normally just preheat to 350 and take it out when I need it, which is usually shortly after the oven beeps that it's preheated. Heavier iron usually makes my oven take longer to preheat.

Back