DuraWare P5 Cornstick Pan

KevinB

Went to a flea market today that had a lot of CI. Mostly modern Lodge, BSR or unknown, but a few things I hadn't seen before. I saw more corn stick pans today than I could count. Again, mostly Lodge, or unmarked, with a few Wagner. This one came home with me. Pretty rough, but I have never seen one marked like this, and I can find nothing on the internet about this brand. Any help on this? I figured for $8 I wouldn't be out much.

https://imgur.com/a/ZvOrFdr

Appears to be copied from a Lodge 5-stick pan. There is also a handleless closed-frame 6-cup turk's head pan marked Duraware. Two of each of the eight letters are marked on four of the cup bottoms.

Thank you for the info. Any idea who made it? It seems strange that a company would make a copy and put a name one it. On the other hand I suppose it would give it some cred in the market. I'm always amazed at the effort that was made to copy other companies work. It must have cost a lot to set up a foundry, and then to just make copies seems like a lot of effort.

I would think the foundry came first and the copying second. Like how early Wagners have Erie ghosts on them, and Wapaks have Erie and Wagner ghosts (sometimes on the same pan). Actual pattern making is expensive. Making a pattern just using an actual pan is a manageable alternative until you get to the point you can have your own made.

Back