Help With Age of Wagner Ware Fat Free Fryer Cn 1102 D

Dan B

Based on the "Trademarks & Logos" section in Cast Iron Collecting part of this site it looks to me that the date of this pan is 1924 to 1935 i.e. " Wagner Ware Sidney -O- Stylized Logo, High 1924-1935, heat ring & c/n"

Does this seem correct for this pan? What is throwing me off a bit is the heat ring seems unusual as it is quite rounded. Might there be different "rules" for these FAT FREE FRYERS?

Thanks for any help.

The date ranges on that page primarily pertain to regular skillets. Inferences can still be made for other types of pieces, e.g. the c/n places this piece after 1924. The BB dates it to the 1940s. There was a later version with a different style handle the BB dates 1970s-80s, but it has the WWSO stylized logo one would assume had been discontinued since production in that era had been moved to Cincinnati. The assumption is that yours is the earlier, but the photo does not confirm (and why it is asked that photos be of the entire piece including handle).

An early 1940s catalog calls it a Greaseless Frying Skillet, with the same c/n. A late 1950s price list confirms it was still being offered, and the assumption would be that the stylized WWSO logo was still in use at that point.

Many Thanks Doug, and sorry for not providing more images (a long story, but I only have a few photos).

I hope these help to better place date of manufacture... or at least rule out the 1970's - 80's vintage.

Picked one up today. Here are the markings:

Wagner
are
Sidney
-O-

Fat Free Fryer

Pat. Applied For

1102A

There is no thumb rest. Is this a later version? Anyone know the approximate dates and current value?

The later version has the flat-ended/thumbrest handle.
eBay "sold" listings for recent values. Probably could be had cheaper found in the wild, unless the seller is one of those that prints out eBay listings with crazy high asking prices to justify their own.

Back