Holy Cow!

CJMunnich

I have never walked in to a shop with so much CI. The pictures do not do justice to the quantity. It is a good thing she only dealt with cash, or I would have walked out much, much poorer.

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 235
CJ was that in Illinois? I was born and raised in the upper north west part. Lots of small towns to hunt off the beaten path.

Holy cow is right! How were the prices? Around here, it seems like the more cast iron a store has, the higher the price.

CJ, I noticed you didn't divulge the location so out of respect for you I won't either (in case your going back) but that shop is less than 2 hours from me. In my 10+ years of collecting I've only been there once about 3 years ago. Prices were a little high for me but I started collecting before the local prices increased and I usually don't purchase in retail settings.

CJ was that in Illinois? I was born and raised in the upper north west part. Lots of small towns to hunt off the beaten path.

The shop is in a little town called Blue Mound, IL. The name of the shop in The Iron Star. The lady that runs it is super nice and even made a few deals for me.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

CJ, I noticed you didn't divulge the location so out of respect for you I won't either (in case your going back) but that shop is less than 2 hours from me. In my 10+ years of collecting I've only been there once about 3 years ago. Prices were a little high for me but I started collecting before the local prices increased and I usually don't purchase in retail settings.

Prices really have increased over the last few years. You can still find a few deals out there. Shops like that are great for that hard to find piece you've been looking for.

Prices really have increased over the last few years. You can still find a few deals out there. Shops like that are great for that hard to find piece you've been looking for.

I was talking to my friend who went to this shop with me and told him about this post and how I quickly recognized the pictures you posted. He reminded me that I did buy one piece while were there. Got this bread pan pictured below and also shown on page 107 of BB for $15.
http://imgur.com/IuTrOsQ
http://imgur.com/n8uTmm3

Last edited:
I've never seen that exact style of French roll pan either. Very nice! And can anyone tell me what part of the state this community is in? Maybe it's not too far away...:roll:

Back