Seasoning nightmare.

DWillie

Hey.
I have seasoned quite a few pans over the years. I use lye first, and then electrolysis. I have sold a number of pans at fleas and such, and actually had repeat customers ask me to re season cast for them. The skillet below was seasoned along with the Erie I posted last week at the same time. The Erie is an egg frying demon. They dump right out. This monster below welds the eggs right to itself. Both these pieces were done together exactly the same. What say the experts? OMG! you can still see where the egg stuck in this photo!
Thanks, Darien of the worn spatula.

Maybe the difference between polished smooth-as-glass and polished leaving swirl marks. It may need additional seasoning to level out those micro-grooves before it hits its non-stick stride.

I am not an expert but I think Doug is right.I had the same experience with an older Lodge griddle with the swirl marks that looked like it had never been used.Tried frying buckwheat pancakes on it and could not hardly pry them loose.Took one of my Griswold griddles with a smooth surface that had just been cleaned and seasoned and used the rest of my batter with no problem. No sticking at all.

Back