Estate Sale Questions

I know this is off topic but I am dying to know. Did Pyrex make a refrigerator dish with a knob lid? It must be very old and very rare if it is a Pyrex.

The bottom piece sure looks like my $ loaf pan. I don't care who made it I need that lid! :icon_rofl:
I was just looking a the really early pieces and that knob sure looks like the pyrex knob. Maybe it was a bread pan not a frigie?

The bottom piece sure looks like my $ loaf pan. I don't care who made it I need that lid! :icon_rofl:
I was just looking a the really early pieces and that knob sure looks like the pyrex knob. Maybe it was a bread pan not a frigie?
I'll take a look, and if the price is reasonable (meaning, "cheap enough for me") I'll pick it up.

Center Cups:
No 10
Griswold
948B

Left Side 3rd cup from top:

Erie PA

Right Side 3rd cup from top:

USA

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

How do you find out what's being offered at these yard sales? Are their ADs in the paper or somewhere?

Center Cups:
No 10
Griswold
948B

Left Side 3rd cup from top:

Erie PA

Right Side 3rd cup from top:

USA

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

How do you find out what's being offered at these yard sales? Are their ADs in the paper or somewhere?
Not sure what you are saying with that first part. Surely you aren't saying that you recognize a couple of Erie skillets in those pictures, are you?!?

As for where I got the pictures, that was from EstateSales.net: http://www.estatesales.net/

Unfortunately... stupid me wasn't paying attention. A friend came over from Wisconsin and together we drove the 30 or so miles to the sale, only to find not a sole there! I re-checked to see that the sale starts TOMORROW!! Even worse... I have made a comittment to help a friend put up a shed tomorrow. I would LOVE to back out of it, but I really can't.

Well, I went back today and managed to score the muffin pan, a #5 Wagner (my 2nd) and an unmarked (as far as I know, so far) nickle plated, hammer finished #8 skillet. Got the Griz muffin pan for $24, the Wagner for $5, and the hammered skillet for $8. Since it was the first day of the estate sale, I wasn't able to dicker. Did I do OK? I feel that I paid too much for the muffin pan but made up for it on the other two. Thoughts?

Doug I was thinking the same thing. Isn't that the turquoise missing bowl for the horizon set? I think the Refrigerator dish might be Westinghouse and I have a soft spot for those. :)

That was a GlasBake for $11. I did not get it.

il_570xN.263519632.jpg

Another estate sale. The one on the right, at least, sure looks interesting.

Unfortunately, the sale is about 60 miles from me. Simply the cost of driving round trip may cost more than the pans are worth. I have emailed for more info... haven't heard back yet.

Dan, that looks like the match to your lid. I see now it doesn't have the ears like mine.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

I just zoomed the picture and it looks like a hinged chicken fryer. Those are hard to come by for me.

Dan, that looks like the match to your lid. I see now it doesn't have the ears like mine.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

I just zoomed the picture and it looks like a hinged chicken fryer. Those are hard to come by for me.
I've got my lid all wrapped up in bubble wrap. Just trying to find some more newspaper to finish packing it. Do you still want it?

Back