Just realized i collect #3's

So today I realized I have a lot of 3's. It dawned on me I must collecting them unconsciously.

Gris Lg Logo
Gris Sm Logo
Vollrath
Unmarked Vollrath
BSR Century
BSR Red Mountain 3S
Wagner Ware Stylized flat bottom
Wagner 1891
Lodge 1 notch
Lodge 3 notch
Lodge 3 notch egg logo
CHF or Favorite in a Diamond

Last edited:
Scott maybe it's when you see one and the price was just to good and cheap to pass up, and you get to thinking wow I bet that would clean up nice.

Or my theory, they may of multiplied on nights with full moons:chuckle:

Steve

Geez I had never really thought about those #3's I have . I kind of thought I #9 collection starting .............till I counted my #3's lol

I have , In American makes

Griswold LBL
Griswold SBL early handle
Griswold SBL grooved handle
Griswold SBL late handle
BSR
Wagner Ware Stylized flat bottom
Wagner Ware unmarked
Lodge 3 notch
Vollrath unmarked

And in Canadain makes

Findley
Smart Brockville
GSW
McClary
L'Islet

Yikes ! My name is Mike . I have TOO many #3's and I need help :confused:

Scott maybe it's when you see one and the price was just to good and cheap to pass up, and you get to thinking wow I bet that would clean up nice.

Or my theory, they may of multiplied on nights with full moons:chuckle:

Steve

You got that right. I got 5 of them for $20 one day.

Scott I think I would have took that deal to for $20. There was a post somewhere I read were it was nice to have multiple #3 for single serving guests with a brownie, cake, or cookies

Steve

Not bragging by no means but I did a quick count this morning and I have 29 #3's all American made. Just about the time you think you have one of everything you will find another one. Have no idea how many different types of #3's there are but when you start adding the nickel plate and hammered into the equation alone with the unusual such as the BSR Tri-shaped heat ring and the BSR "Lady Bess" w/ wooden handle you will end up with a lot more than you had originally planned. The best looking one I have is the Lodge single notch hammered. The best cooking one I have is the BSR Red Mountain 3 S "so far".

Thats a nice collection. After the OP I searched ebay and the RB and BB for threes. I found more than i could count. I stopped counting when I was in the 30s [pieces I don't have] and the phone rang

I dont remember where I first read about someone collecting #3s. It sounded like a great idea. All the different manufactorures, logos, styles. They dont take up a lot of room and not overly hard to find a bunch. You can find them cheap at first, but then the price goes up when you get into the ones that are harder to find. I got somewhere around 47 USA made #3s with no duplicates. I read a f/b post earlier today that someone had 21 Lodge variations. No telling how many are out there.

Back