Spider Skillet Identification?

WR Thomas

I found a spider skillet and the only markings it has is '12IN' in on the handle and the 12 on the lid. I don't have any pictures of the actual skillet, I will pick it up on Friday. I did find a picture of a skillet that looks just like the one I am getting. Does anyone know who made the skillets?

Attachments

• IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 76
The one in the picture looks like it will probably be gate marked, maker would be hard to figure out. Lodge made spiders with similar markings but slightly different shape.

The skillet pictured is not gate marked. The one I am actually getting is not gate marked either, unmarked other than described. I just don't have any experience with spider skillets. It's lid is seemingly exactly like a Lodge camp oven lid. It does look old, it does not have 'made in USA' so I'm hoping it is from at least the 50s..... It is costing me $60, which is more than I have paid for any single piece....

Here are some pictures of the actual skillet. I picked it up Friday and put it in the lie tank on Saturday, we'll see how it cleans up....

Attachments

• IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5500.jpg
    IMG_5500.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5501.jpg
    IMG_5501.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 53
Back