Can You See What I See?

Jeffrey R.

I saw this add on line for 3 cast iron skillets last month. I looked quick, and passed because I had just went to an auction and had enough iron for a then. Also the fact it would have been a Long drive. So Tuesday I am looking for more iron and re-look at the 3 skillets for sale, only closer. I nearly fell off my seat. So this mystery skillet made me drive over 425 miles, and drive back last night in a snow storm. So yesterday was a pretty good day.

Name the One piece out of yesterdays haul that will hang in my kitchen as in NOT for sale, brand name.

And if you think you are real good, what did I pay for it. I think I could have done better, but felt bad.:biggrin:

4%252C8%252C15%252Chaul_0477.jpg

That's a pretty pile. Which were the three pieces?

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Since a quick check on ebay seems to reveal that Indian head skillets aren't that valuable, I'm going to guess that that's a #13 Griswold, making it by far the most valuable one in the lot.

Is it the little corn stick pan with the shiny handles?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Is that a spider?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Oh my gosh...that's a Erie Spider isn't it?

The Wapak?

John, was it the handle that gave it away? The photo in the ad did not show the handle.

That's a pretty pile. Which were the three pieces?

The Lodge, Griswold next to the lodge, last the Wapak lower right corner from the Griswold. Yes, that is a #12 Griswold.

Is it the little corn stick pan with the shiny handles?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Is that a spider?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Oh my gosh...that's a Erie Spider isn't it?

Here is a post about shiny handles. http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551

Where is the spider, am I missing something? I see an Erie Griddle, and Erie Scotch Bowl.

Look closely at the handle.

The photo in the ad did not show any part of the handle. So looking at the ad quick I was thinking another lodge.

So ant takers, what did I pay for it. I think I could have done better, but felt bad.

Every one is swimming in the Lye tank. :icon_thumbsup:

John, was it the handle that gave it away? The photo in the ad did not show the handle.

Yep!

Where is the spider, am I missing something? I see an Erie Griddle, and Erie Scotch Bowl.

I think she mistook the Wapak indian head for an Erie spider skillet, given the same raised logo shape and size in the center.

So ant takers, what did I pay for it. I think I could have done better, but felt bad.

Every one is swimming in the Lye tank. :icon_thumbsup:

I'll say... $300 :confused:

Yes I mistook the Wapak for a spider. I didn't recognize the handle since I have never come across one myself. So which pan caused you to drive 500 miles? Was it the big Griswold?

I'll say... $300 :confused:

Nope :icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Heck John, I would not pay that for a clean and seasoned one.

Yes I mistook the Wapak for a spider. I didn't recognize the handle since I have never come across one myself. So which pan caused you to drive 500 miles? Was it the big Griswold?

Over 425 miles ( round trip) The Wapak. I would not drive all that way just for one skillet, but it did seal the deal. I had 2 other stops in the works. The last stop was an antique center.

Did anyone see the Wagner "Sidney"? :icon_scratchchin:

What is that big round thing under the Wagner? Is it a griddle? I hit control + and made the picture big and I still can't figure that thing out. :icon_scratchchin:

So, on the Indian.

Were legit Indian handles ever filled in like that? Your handle doesn't look like the handles on the Indians I have.

I always thought that handles that looked modern were obviously fake, and handles that were filled in like that were as well.

One of mine...

Bottom,medium_large.1415417885.JPG

The round Griswold breakfast skillets sell for a lot also, although they don't seem to be all that practical...

Back