Gem Pan...just asking for opinions..

DaleR

Does this stick out immediately to anyone? I am not wanting this to be anything it isn't...but does this lettering look "Griswold" like? Any opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_20140724_145829_083-1.jpg
    IMG_20140724_145829_083-1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 41
There are only two variations of that pan by Griswold, both very rare. They are unmarked, but can be identified by the design of the handle/crossbars, which are straight and have distinctive profiles at the points which they attach to the cups, and by the fact that there are no openings between the cups.

I noticed that in the yellow book, however I wondered that since it was only based on a catalog picture, if there might be other variations out there. I didnt buy the pan, I just got to looking at the font on the pan...I just wondered what people thought of the markings. I set the pan down two weeks ago at $30 and have just been thinking about it ever since. There was a wide variation on the #9 p/n 947 golf ball pan handles. Any ideas what it may be? It was a high quality pan.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Not thinking zebras when I hear hoof beats, but thought it was an interesting pan.

It appears from the photo that the maker of the pan has it marked No 12, or is that a combination of crud and lighting angle?

I have had a number of those French Roll No.11 pans and never considered them to be Griswold. Yours looks to be marked No.12 but I think I would occasionally see them marked 12 instead of the more common 11. Same pan otherwise and very nicely made. I bet that we know the maker but we just don't know WHO it was to connect them with these pans.

Back