Aebleskiver Pan

W. Hilditch

Note: It appears Lodge has quit making their Aebleskiver Pan. I’ve had one for over 10 years and it is great for meatballs and gems too. The wide handle with the long notch in it hold oil or grease well with less of a mess. If you find one you may want to give it a second thought before walking.

Hilditch

Thanks for mentioning about cooking meatballs in this pan. I like to try and get a crusty outer edge all around the meatball and have been struggling to do this in a flat bottom pan for years. Now I have a solution!

Expensive? I knew I held onto mine for a reason (besides liking the shape). At one time I made brownies in it from the Griswold recipe--an old one anyway. :tasty: Meatballs are an interesting idea.

Presenting todays blueberry aebleskivers served at brunch. Yes, each has a 1/2 cooked apple slice in the center.

Hilditch

Note to self: Do not use a package of muffin mix as they are a bitch to cook without breaking. Stick with a real aebleskiver recipe.

There are some nice people out there, and Sharon is one of them. Tell you what Sharon, you can use all my pics, and I’ll do some more, to include in your cook book at no charge. Just give me any recipe and I’ll try to make that first bite, the one with the eyes, look good.

BYW the aebleskivers with butter were yummy! The second bite was better than the first, with the crunchy outside and the tender inside.

Hilditch

Thanks for the good words, Hilditch. Don't think I'm going to do a cookbook, to old to take on a project like that! However, I have to tell you, when hubby saw the pictures of your aebleskivers, I thought he might jump in the car and head for Georgia.;) Now I'd better dig out my Griswold pan and peruse your recipe--don't think I can equal yours, but will try!

Back