skillet rack

JMoss

I have admired some of the handmade skillet racks I have seen here. However, since I'm not prone to making such useful items I found a good one on Amazon. (yes, it has holes for screwing it to a counter top, or in my case, a cutting board. Very stable)

Here are some before and after pics.

http://imgur.com/a/3hgrN

I hope this helps other folks else get their users in order

Jack

Last edited:
Thanks Jack. Currently I am storing everything I don't use often on nails on my garage wall. This set up looks a little more user friendly.

I have admired some of the handmade skillet racks I have seen here. However, since I'm not prone to making such useful items I found a good one on Amazon. (yes, it has holes for screwing it to a counter top, or in my case, a cutting board. Very stable)

Here are some before and after pics.

http://imgur.com/a/3hgrN

I hope this helps other folks else get their users in order

Jack

Not knocking the rack, but am curious if there is an issue stacking skillets as seen in the OP's first pic. I currently have skillets stacked in drawers and may have half a dozen skillets one on top of the next. Is this bad for some reason?

Steve O,
I cannot prove it but I think stacking too many is what caused a crack in my only fully marked Victor #8. How many is too many?? I don't know. Two or three OK, six or eight maybe not.

Jack

Your rack looks very useful and close to the cooking surface. We just hang ours on the wall. We have more wall space than counter space.

Actually it’s a matter of how you treat them and the stacking order. If one puts an Erie on the bottom, a BSR in it with the ridge handle and then drops in a Lodge it is not good.

Hilditch

I have the rack pictured and have been using it for about 2 months. I like it for my most used skillets, I'm just careful placing and removing the pans. I made some loud clanging sounds when I first started using it.

I have 3 of these racks and I store them horizontally inside the cabinet and put the pans in vertically. It works very well! I've got the pans in numerical order, each with their own place, it's satisfies my OCD very well :icon_thumbsup:

NLevine,
I like that suggestion, a lot.

I can only wish I had enough cabinet space to store them as you describe.

Jack

Back