Any quesses?

That is just what I'm looking for to go with my unmarked #7 and #8. How bad would I be getting soaked at $75 is the question.

Getting soaked is relative when trying to match skillets. And the more skillets I have that match, the more I seem willing to pay for the last pieces. Its an awful habit, but at least I'm not killing any more brain cells.

I've not seen this type of skillet markings before, but I've been looking for less than a year. Not sure how often they come up for sale either.

Good points, and I steal them far more than I'm ever soaked for one, so it's all relative. I also really dig the font of those numbers, they almost look like runes.

I went back and looked at that number 9 again. Your right. They should advertise the pan as an ancient celtic cooking implement found deep in the bog.

The markings on this pan are very interesting--they remind me of the Griswold "fancy" script from earlier in the century. In looking at the eBay listing, I found the pictures revealed the quality of the cast iron. Very fine grained and smooth. This is a good thing to see if you are new to CI collecting--lesser quality iron just doesn't have that "look" to it. Thanks for sharing!

Back