Hi

R Thomas

Accidentally came upon this excellent site. More information here than all the other sites combined.
Have been collecting, selling, re-collecting and reselling Griswold cast iron cookware for more years than I care to mention.
I was SO pleasantly surprised that a cast iron collector by the name of Steve Stephens is a member.
A lot of new cast iron enthusiasts may not be aware, but, this guy has more knowledge of cast iron cookware, especially Griswold, than anyone I have come across. I do not know him but have read his posts on many different sites over the years.
Years ago, before the popularity of the internet, I believe he published a newsletter for cast iron collectors. Somewhere along the line, I came upon copies of these. I don't know where I found these. If, somehow, these were available, members would not only enjoy reading them but would have their understandings of cast iron cookware increased by leaps and bounds.

Thank you for the nice words R. Thomas. I just joined this site after knowing about it for a short time. Doug D seems to have a great knowledge on iron cookware and has put together an excellent site. I don't see much here that I disagree with and he has most of the bases well covered.

I am not actively collecting iron anymore but love to share the knowledge that I have gained over many years. You'll find me on the WAGS and G&CICA facebook sites and, if G&CICA ever gets their forum up and running, probably there. You won't see me on the WAGS forum however. Always glad to help and I can still learn a thing or more before I forget too much.

regards,
Steve

Any cast iron wisdom Steve is inclined to share here will certainly be most appreciated. I can concur, from my own experience, that one's interests over time can indeed change, and that which was once all-consuming can apparently be put aside, but not necessarily forgotten. Like riding a bike, as they say.

Back