Waffle Irons ?s

Im going to look at these today. She wants 25 each

#1 New American is a griswold, correct? The numbers and dates sem to match.
I could not find it in the book or online. Some are close but not a match

#2 The second one is ID'd as AJ Cox. I found it in the database. The question is ...is there a piece missing from this? How do you open it when its hot?

One of antique stores I frequent has one like the second one. It's been there at 6-8 months. They want $95 for it. I believe you open it with the little hook opposite the hinge.

Thats why i was confused. I assumed both paddles would be the same pattern

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Also, just so i get the right base with it, what is the correct pattern#?

Here is a couple of gadgets I put together to open mine when hot.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_2360.JPG
    1-IMG_2360.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 1-IMG_2361.JPG
    1-IMG_2361.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 1-IMG_2362.JPG
    1-IMG_2362.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 27
Thank you. They are in great shape. The only reason i got them is i had to be in Watertown today and the seller was also going to be in Watertown today.
I assume you're in MA? Im in Danvers

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Scott....Here is a link regarding a waffle iron improvement handle that's listed in our CIC patent data base. This would be similar for the one you would need.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US94043.pdf

thanks. That gives some ideas

Yes, I am on the South Shore and often in Boston. I sent her an email as well she mentioned someone was already interested. You were my primary suspect :)

Always tough to find CI in the winter around here. Good find.

Nice! Glad you got them Scott. John's "gadgets" are good ideas--my first thought when I saw his picture of them was "button hook"; they were common about the time when the griddle was in use. Honestly wish I knew if the WI came with a hooked tool to lift the paddle, or if one was expected to simply have such a thing 'around the house'!

Actually, once the waffle has cooked/raised, a fork should be sufficient to open it.

If it was over an open eye, you would just push down on the side opposite the hinge and it rotates. I had to stack my CF and the gris base to get enough height. The action would be smoother over an eye. Also picking it up and rotating is not difficult

Action video

Back