Large griddle

TimMcAleer

I have a large Early fdy #11 griddle, too large to completely submerse in my electrolosis tank. Can someone tell me if I can do half at a time?

After e tank you can finish it up with vinager to even the the shade. And once is seasoned you won't notice the difference

I recently did a Griswold 203 three burner hot plate frame without the legs on in a plastic container purchased from Walmart. The hotplate measured apx. 30 inches x 11 inches and the container was about 36" x 18" and 6" deep. I think it was meant for cloths storage but it fit the need I was looking for. I took a round plastic type bowl drilled with several holes and set the burner on it to help suspend it during the process and it worked quiet well. Even for a one time use it was worth the money to do a one time e-tank without having any discoloration.

I'm making an assumption that you painted the burner frame. If so, why would you worry about any discoloration?

As far as the griddle goes, if it is seasoned properly, any discoloration will disappear. And even if it isn't seasoned properly, normal use will soon make any discoloration disappear.

I'm making an assumption that you painted the burner frame. If so, why would you worry about any discoloration?

As far as the griddle goes, if it is seasoned properly, any discoloration will disappear. And even if it isn't seasoned properly, normal use will soon make any discoloration disappear.

Probably used the wrong choice of words....It had a lot of rust and crud build-up and I was trying to avoid moving it several times during the e-tank process. I have used the same container on other pieces and it still helps in not having to re-position things and that was the point I was trying to make.
Sorry.....

Back