Lodge gem pan

Or a pepper stick pan for cornbread? Just guessing, but I'd say it was a fairly modern Edsel for Lodge and that the designer, who has an MBA no longer works there. Probably pretty rare and could produce some interesting red velvet cake treats for folks in New Mexico.

Hilditch

Donna, I think that pan is so cute... I'd guess it's worth what you want to pay for it--that's the general rule with collectibles. I would definitely at least hang it on the wall were it mine. I really like different shaped "gem" pans!

The first time I saw one of those pans, I thought it was a bear paw. Ha!

Donna, the lack of "USA" on some Lodge cornbread pans is interesting to me. My recently departed Perch Pan did not have USA on it. I've seen others that do. The RB says the Perch Pan was made in the '90's. I would think all of the pans made in the '90's would have USA on them, but obviously they don't. I'm guessing the ones without that designation were made first and USA was added to the molds later. Just a guess. Does anybody have any info on that?

The pan in question is a Lodge 6CP2 Chili Pepper Pan. Basically, a cornbread pan. Don't know when they made them, but I believe they're fairly recent. I'm sure a call to Lodge or a Lodge Collector Facebook group could clear that up fairly quickly. As far as not having USA or Made in USA molded into the CI, that was accomplished with paper labels.

I just got one of these in a lot of cast iron I won in an online auction, I'm going to clean it and paint it and hang it on the wall.

Back