Electrolysis of Multiple Items

JLenzo

Curious as to how many of you hang multiple items at the same time for the electrolysis process?(providing your tank is large enough) If so how are you spacing them out and connecting them to your negative clamp? In series like the annodes for the positive?

I've done a dutch oven and lid at the same time. I hung the lid using a copper wire just above the pot leaving a small gap using the wire handle as my negative with another copper wire hanging it in my tank.... Worked just fine. I've also done a waffle iron using a longer copper wire looping it over a board i used to hang both pieces from... Again, worked just fine. So yea.... It can be done.

I do 4 to 5 pieces at a time in my tank which is a large 55 gallon plastic barrel. I notched the top of the barrel so that a long SS tube would remain stationary across the top of the barrel and used "steel" wire to suspend each piece spaced across the entire tube. Try and stay away from copper so that it wont adhere to the pieces being cleaned. I think that copper isn't recommended in our cleaning instructions when using electrolysis under our cleaning procedures. I've used copper in the past but it actually left a brownish stain on the piece I did so I just started using steel wire and twist it to the piece I'm cleaning and loop and twist it to the SS tube and it works great. Connect the negative wire anywhere to the SS tube and it will supply the current necessary to each of the pieces attached to it and that way you do not have to loop the pieces individually. Hope that makes sense....

Thanks for the advise on using copper. The videos I watched in the beginning setting up an E tank were using copper... I've now replaced it with steel.

Thanks guys! I have been using old coat hangers to hang my pieces and it works fine. Wire wheeled the coating off it to expose the bare metal. Goiing to be bold and try multiple items.

A cheap and easy solution for hanging CI in an e-tank is dark annealed steel wire. It's typically used for hanging pictures on the wall. Very easy to bend and twist, easy to cut with a wire cutter but hard to break, no pesky insulation to remove, highly reusable, and 50 ft of the stuff only costs a couple bucks.

Probably the same as the picture hanging wire is re-bar tie wire. It too is easy to bend and twist tight without breaking and can be found at Home Depot for around $4 for a roll of about 100 feet.

Back