Griswold Steel Spindles/Dampers

Pat H

I have come across several Griswold American or New American Steel Spindles or Dampers in various sizes. Some are in better shape than others. There seems to be a lot of them around. Are there any dampers that are rare or hard to find?

Any information you can give me is appreciated.

I have a few myself and have the same questions.

The only thing I can offer is ... search them on eBay. They seem to be rather low-priced in most cases but still all over the map from a couple dollars to as high as $20 or so.

An additional question ... Are they steel rather than CI? I've hesitated putting mine in the lye bath until I know for sure.

The Griswold on them is what first got my attention, however, I collect them now because they look awesome hanging on my garage wall next to my workbench.

Do folks collect these simply because it says "Griswold" on it?

People seem to collect ANYTHING that says Griswold on it. Personally I don't understand it when there are so many other brands that made CI that was either equal or better in quality. To each their own I guess.

Do folks collect these simply because it says "Griswold" on it?

I do not collect the Griswold Dampers, for myself. But they do sell.:icon_thumbsup:

People seem to collect ANYTHING that says Griswold on it. Personally I don't understand

I like it $$$$ Keep collecting, I will sell what they are buying. You will be surprised what folks collect.:icon_thumbsup:

Back