Nickel Plated WAPAK #8

H. Christie

I am somewhat of a novice here and only caught the "Cast Iron Fever" in the last year or so. I bought a thoroughly encrusted #8 WAPAK (Block Letters, no "Z") for $12. Upon removal from the lye soak, it appears to be nickel plated. I would have never thought that WAPAK would have offered such an item leaving that to the bigger companies like Griswold & Wagner.

While we're on the topic... I passed up a plated #5 arc logo Lodge (non hammered) at an auction this weekend. Was part of a large lot of mostly Taiwan junk, didn't have time to stick around for it. Looking around online, I can't find much information about Lodge's plated pieces other than the photo on this site... Wondering if I should've grabbed it.

I passed up a plated #5 arc logo Lodge (non hammered) at an auction this weekend.

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!! Plated Lodge anything goes for like 15X the price of an un-plated piece.

Ok, I lied, I've never seen a plated Lodge piece. :twisted: Still, If it was cheap enough I probably would have stayed and picked it up just to be able to take some photos and find out.

Can we still be friends?

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!! Plated Lodge anything goes for like 15X the price of an un-plated piece.

Ok, I lied, I've never seen a plated Lodge piece. :twisted: Still, If it was cheap enough I probably would have stayed and picked it up just to be able to take some photos and find out.

Can we still be friends?

Ha, almost had me there, still waking up... Yeah, should've gotten it. I wasn't sure about cleaning it at the time either, but now I know that electro is ok for plated pieces.

Back