#7 Griswold Waffle Iron

Kyle S.

Hello everyone,
Picked this Gem up today and I had a few questions. The paddles are 889 and 890 and the base is 792 so I know it is a match but I was wondering when it was produced. I see a lot online about this being a "slant logo" putting it early 1900's but I thought the metal spiral handles were later than that. Though the letters in Griswold are a bit slanted they do not look like my slant logo skillets. Any and all information is appreciated.
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0004-1.jpg
    IMG_0004-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0005-1.jpg
    IMG_0005-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 43
Neither the BB or RB are very enlightening when it comes to dating Griswold Waffle irons. Yours is considered the slant logo, and is earlier than those with just plain, straight, sans-serif lettering. I would place the dating on it same as above, late teens to 1920s.

Wow. Thanks Doug. I think it is going to clean up nice. I am excited to make tiny waffles. I actually think this will do better than my #8 because the flame will cover more of the iron.
When cleaning how do you get to handles clean? Do you remove them and do something different or do you put them all in the lye? How do you get them shiny again? Thanks,
Kyle

Lye won't hurt the handles. Since they aren't chrome, they're never going to be mirror shiny. They really don't look bad right now.

Back