Help IDing some irons

KittyM

I'm new to the world of cast irons, and was hoping for some help identifying some irons I've recently refinished. I've read a few of the posts for IDing on here and everyone seems so knowledgeable, so I thought I'd try getting some answers from here.

I may be young, but I'm not super tech savvy, and was unable to figure out how Imgur worked, so I posted pics to instagram. Hopefully ya'll are able to see them on there.

https://www.instagram.com/foragediron/

There is a:

No. 3 stamped 6 1/2 inch skillet, with a Q beneath, and a Q on the underside of the handle as well.

No. 3 marked with just a large stamped 3 with a full heat ring.

No. 3 marked MADE IN USA at 12 o'clock. NO. 3 6 5/8 IN. at 6 o'clock with a small 3 underneath. Full heat ring. No other markings.

No. 5 with a full heat ring, a fluted handle (I think this is what that's called, please correct me if I'm wrong). With a 5 stamped close to the middle. Also a 5 stamped on the handle. I believe this one is an unmarked Volrath...?

Thanks in advance!

The way the 3 is stamped looks just like the 3 stamped on the notched lodges. Either way it's a darn smooth skillet!

Any idea on the one that's almost completely unmarked? All it has is a 5 on the top of the handle and a single dot on the base of the underside of the handle. It's probably one the nicest skillets I've ever refinished.

Looks like another unmarked Wagner. Photos really need to be of the entire bottom including handle(s).

I have 4 more up at the same link that I could use some help IDing.

2 No. 8's, a 6 and a 5 (wagner?).

I did manage to ID several others though Doug based on the ID's you have the other day... so thanks! That was super helpful.

The 8s are an unknown hammered and a Lodge. The other two appear to be something someone made using a Wagner pan as the basis for a pattern. They typically are unusually bottom-heavy.

Back