Using CI for Panini?

Unless the aesthetic presentation of grill marks is what you are going for I think you will have delicious sammitches right off your Griswold! I see those raised ridge grill-pans almost every time I go hunting for iron, so I'm sure if you wanted one it wouldn't be hard to find a fine example in the wild.
Happy cooking!

The skillet "works," as a weight for the Panini, and I made a few over the weekend, but clearly the system is looking for a better solution.

The Lodge sandwich press should be here this week.

Not sure I would eat a plain sandwich again. What a comfort food, having it toasted, cheese melted, etc.

For the crispiest, crunchiest sandwiches you can rub a thin layer of mayonnaise on the outside of the bread before grilling the sandwich. The egg based mayo provide an excellent heat conductor between the iron and the bread and as it cooks creates an incredibly crisp layer of fried bread on the outside. This trick is used in many a diner across the USA for the perfect grilled cheese sandwich and unimaginably crisp burger buns.
Happy Toasting!

You're in Michigan! Making a Panini? That's downright UN-American!!!

That is, unless you use THIS to press the United States seal into that foreign sandwich you're making over there. Then at least you can feel 1/2 American while you're eating it..

Ma, che sei grullo?

:icon_rofl: :crackhead:

You're in Michigan! Making a Panini? That's downright UN-American!!!

That is, unless you use THIS to press the United States seal into that foreign sandwich you're making over there. Then at least you can feel 1/2 American while you're eating it..

Ma, che sei grullo?

:icon_rofl: :crackhead:

Un-American? Then you better put down the pierogi, Michigander.

Back