Does Anybody Have a Feel for the Market for 'handy Dan' Cornbread Pans?

D_Madden

I went to an auction specifically because I saw that they had two of the 'handy dan' cornbread pans and knowing that they aren't that old but are 'unique' I thought I'd see what the went for and if reasonable get them. reasonable to me was $30 or less per pan... Well the auctioneers weren't very helpful.. there were 3 other corn stick pans and a small six cup turks head pan so they decided to sell them in two bunches... one handy dan pan in each bunch, paired with unmarked cornstick pans that I didn't want... each lot ended up selling for around $50... and that just seemed really high for the not-so-old handy dan pan and a couple of unmarked corn stick pans... Did I misjudge the value or did the other buyer over pay? The other option was that it was a family member and they had some 'other' value... it was an estate sale.

By the BSR timeline, they were only produced a few years (1989-1991?). Perhaps $50 wouldn't have been bad if you actually wanted the others in the lot.

By the BSR timeline, they were only produced a few years (1989-1991?). Perhaps $50 wouldn't have been bad if you actually wanted the others in the lot.

yeah... I'm having non-buyers remorse... if they had bundled the two handy dan's together I would have bid more.

Back