Storage question

Nichole M

I have skillets in 5 sizes that are stacked on a bakers rack. Should I put something between them? My friend suggested coffee filters and my mother says nothing.

You should not store CI with lids on, but uncovered skillets nested in a stack don't need anything between them. Now, if they were all the same size, and stacking them meant all but the top one was "covered", then you would want something between them, preferably that creates an air gap.

You should not store CI with lids on, but uncovered skillets nested in a stack don't need anything between them. Now, if they were all the same size, and stacking them meant all but the top one was "covered", then you would want something between them, preferably that creates an air gap.

Thank you.

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I was curious about this advice.

Why is it inadvisable to store CI with lids on? Is it due to the possibility of trapped moisture causing rust?

With seasoned and used pans, more a problem with trapped moisture promoting rancidity or mold.

Back