Griswold SBL #4 Early Handle Skillet?

EdErnest

Trying to assemble an early handle SBL set, and having trouble finding a number 4 skillet. I have found LBL #4, and late/grooved handle models, but so far can’t even tell if the pan I’m looking for exists. I know that #4s we’re less common already, but is anyone aware if this specific type I’m looking for was ever made?

My apologies. Should have read your post more thorough. The BB doesn't show a #4 early handle so apparently they didn't make one.

The BB/RB authors (and Steve Stephens) were working largely from empirical evidence, i.e. that which they had seen, and not from any official company records. The absence of a #4 SBL early handle in the books doesn't necessarily mean that they don't exist. But eBay completed item searches certainly don't do anything to dispel that notion.

Thanks for confirming. If that's the case, I'd be curious what (if any) #4 pans they manufactured during the early handle years. I've seen some store advertisements for sets sold in that era that seem to exclude that size, so I guess it wasn't desirable at the time? Anyhow, glad to hear I wasn't just overlooking it though I will continue to keep my eye out.

Back