Cobblers

LMiller

Make the best in my Dutch ovens...make sure to add butter and booze!! Dutch Apple cobbler also has Carmel drizzled over it...and CB Brandy in it.

Peach rhubarb raspberry has grand marnier peach raspberry liqour in it to!!

We live in the upper Piedmont section of South Carolina and our county is right in the middle of peach country. In fact our Spartanburg county and the next one east from us, Cherokee, grow more peaches than all of Georgia. So we go to the back yard for peaches for our cobblers which we have a couple of times a week. Our "cuppa" cobbler is one cup of flour, one cup of nonfat buttermilk, one stick of butter.and a cup of sliced peaches. Slice butter in pattys and lay out on the bottom of a skillet or a loaf pan. Mix the flour and buttermilk and add to the skillet. Dump the peaches on top. In the oven at 350 for a hour and enjoy. It is better to my taste if you use more peaches. 1 and 3/4 cups but less well work. It's also good with other kinds of fruit, blueberrys and blackberrys but you might add just a little sugar. This cobbler is super good if you eat it next day after it"s been in the refrigerator overnight. Cobblers are one of our main food groups. David

Ditto! I gotta try this also! Too easy not to. I have some sweet black cherries frozen that might be good to try also. Thx for sharing, David! :icon_thumbsup:

Okay, Just talked with wife to make sure I had the cobbler right and I did but she has helpful hints. About the buttermilk, she says that origionaly it called for a cup of regular milk and a cup of sugar, but, Dad has Diabetes and she had to cut back on the sugar. With the buttermilk it's more tart but that's the way we wanted it. If you have sweet fruit than you don't need sugar anyway. On the flour, be sure to use self riseing flour. the other thing she said was to test for doneness with a toothpick ,if it comes out clean than it's done. Cooking time depends on your oven but ours works using a hour. David

Back