Identification of a Cast Iron Teapot (bare Iron, Not Enameled)

SMartin

I was just given this teapot and have been able to find similar pictures online, but no official maker (or general age). The link below is not my pot, but it is ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL and the pics are a bit better than what I could get with my camera, so I've linked the listing here. I hope that doesn't break any rules.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cast-Iron-T...175437?hash=item33cff3864d:g:07MAAOSw4s9XlAcb

The lid rotates 360 degrees around and has a circle inset. The ridge goes from spout around the entire kettle. The bottom has a cross or X just like the one pictured and is otherwise smooth and without markings. The bale has a coiled spring handle. The inside of mine is rusted all to heck and I'm working on cleaning it. No enamel and no cracks.

Any ideas on the manufacturer or age? I'm getting better at identifying pots and pans, but kettles not so much...

I have one just like it. I bought it at Orchard Supply 3 years ago for $19.95. It is Chinese. I use it for a humidifier on top of the wood stove.

Back