PittyPat's Porch Skillet

GTurner

I have a PittyPat's Porch skillet from Atlanta Georgia. Did BS&R make this skillet? It kind of looks like it, but the handle is a bit different. The casting is also rougher than other BS&R skillets I've seen.
ImageImage

I can't answer your question, but I have thought some of these might be bsr. I have one. Mine is much worse than yours. The casting is missing part of the ring, with a lot of voids. It almost seems like these were made as seconds, or cheaply made as giveaways. My guess, without any real knowledge, is that they were made by whoever could provide the cheapest product at time. I'll see if I can find mine,and post a picture. I live near Atlanta, and the restaurant is still open, although I have never been there.

KevinB, I'm wondering if someone used a BSR pattern and modified it. It is a rough surface and the name is upside down. I would think BSR would have caught the upside down name. Also, I can't see them as seconds. The name couldn't be placed on them as seconds.

This skillet is stumping me.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

DougD, who does this handle style remind you of?

Thanks Doug D. I think this was one that was made by another vendor and not BSR. It is way too crude of a skillet and the name is upside down. The U on the bottom of the skillet reminds me of Wagner, the handle and heat ring of BSR and the pour spouts unknown as they have a V shape notch for the spout.
8fc734d01dfe38459db022ec4447b6e8.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

It's still a keeper, unless I find another one in better condition.

Here are pictures of mine. When I described these as being seconds, I meant that they were made as seconds, not that they were seconds from the normal production line. Not much care was taken in making them, and no quality control that I can see. If they were only used once as a serving dish, They would not really care. Mine is probably the worst I've seen.

https://imgur.com/a/cx9XJhf

Back