Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > Show & Tell

Notices

Show & Tell Share Your Cast Iron Cookware Finds and Restorations

Old 09-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Default Should I Sell It or Keep It?

Anybody off the top of their heads know this #8 marking and able to identify? It's super nice, still has a lot of deep rust but I'm working on that. Trying to decide if I should keep and give it as a gift, or sell it.

Oh, and I have an 1800's buck and wright skillet on the way, easily identifiable. After I get it all nice and cleaned up should I upload the picture to this site?

Lastly -- thanks all for posting all the references to books and websites and such. I love this website. (wish you could read it on an iphone but that's ok.)

tf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-pics.jpg (17.8 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Should I Sell It or Keep It?

Better photos would be nice, but it looks similar to my Excelsior #7 griddle. Is there a raised number on the handle?
Old 09-11-2019, 01:58 PM

I am in the same situation as you are Tony as far as my three #8 gate marked round griddles. I love these things and have all three going at once making pancakes. Also do eggs and searing meats after cooking in a Sous Vide bath. All three have marks of 8 but the smaller one it is on the back. Other two on handles but one of those has a number 1 or l on the back. Now I want pancakes . I think I have 20 bucks invested in these three,
Marty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_0910191710_HDR.jpg (68.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_0910191710a_HDR.jpg (66.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_0911191339.jpg (68.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-16-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTurner View Post
Better photos would be nice, but it looks similar to my Excelsior #7 griddle. Is there a raised number on the handle?
There is not, just that thing on the bottom. I'll do better photos next time. I tried to upload them but there's some limit to this bb software. I'll put them up on google docs next time.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am in the same situation as you are Tony as far as my three #8 gate marked round griddles. I love these things and have all three going at once making pancakes. Also do eggs and searing meats after cooking in a Sous Vide bath. All three have marks of 8 but the smaller one it is on the back. Other two on handles but one of those has a number 1 or l on the back. Now I want pancakes . I think I have 20 bucks invested in these three,
Marty
Wow those are nice! I have a feeling you should only have one or two, unless you have a family of 10, but hey, I guess I have three now too so....