Favorite Smiley 10 W/lid

JeffreyL

Seller says no wobble,spin, or cracks. Pics look good. The lid looks Favorite to me by the basting dropper patterns and it’s also marked 10 with pour spout ears. Is this setup worth $100? Couldn’t find any sold listings on eBay for 10’s, and BB lists a 10 at $75 with no lid. I’m interested but don’t want to overpay just because I’m a sucker for favorite smileys

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

https://imgur.com/a/7JNPl

Looks like a match. BB prices these days are useful for what's more rare relative to what, but not really as a price reference. $100 with lid doesn't seem outrageous if no damage or defect. Are they considering offers?

Not sure, it is a bit of a drive for me, however sellermoffered to meet me part way making the drive about an hour one way for me, but it will also put me right into an area I’ve been wanting to search for Iron for a while, I’m thinking of offering less, but kinda hesitant since he would be driving 30-40 minutes one way to deliver

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Price is firm, says it has very slight wobble that can be corrected with folded piece of paper, still worth it? I know anything over #8’s usually have some sort of slight movement

If $100 is the price and I really wanted it, I'd have to be satisfied the wobble is indeed that minimal (as in paper folded how many times?) and that I could confirm no cracks.

Ok, I’d really like to have it, lid is a bonus, not sure I want to spend that much on something that has the slight wobble unless I’m not gonna find better in that size, I was about set to get it but now After your response I’m having doubts

Depends on why it wobbles. It has outside heat ring, so the question is what is the nature of the wobble? Is it a belly warp the heat ring can't overcome or the heat ring itself? The latter would seem to be just a slight imperfection falling within manufacturing tolerance. Won't know until you inspect in person.

The matching lid, in the right place, is close to a 100 dollar bill. I let a Franklin go in a heart beat.

The matching lid, in the right place, is close to a 100 dollar bill. I let a Franklin go in a heart beat.

that's kind of what I was thinking... I have 5,7,8,9 and 10 favorite smileys and 9 lid and the 8 1/2 chicken fryer with lid and a #8 dutch oven with lid... I'm pretty sure I've never even seen a 10 lid. I got my 10 at an auction (they were mostly griswold collectors at the auction so I got the 10 favorite for $25) but I've seen them sell for close to $100 on ebay... throw in the lid and I'd say it's easily worth $100.

I went last night, me and a buddy drove through a snowstorm to get it. Should have taken about an hour one way, took us about 2. My wife and mother think we are nuts! But anyways here it is....the cooking surface is gorgeous, smooth as silk, lid is also in great shape. Pan has a very slight movement, but doesnt spin. https://imgur.com/a/xYc94

he also brought along a Smiley #8 dutch oven w/trivet i purchased as well thats in beautiful shape as well, i will start a seperate post for that as I have questions on the trivet, i know i didnt get a steal, but i paid $200 for everything.

Back