Why use a lye tank if...

Helen S

Why use a lye tank if you have an e tank?

I ask because the e tank seems so easy. I have thrown the grossest, caked on and/or rusty pans in there and the stuff just falls off (more or less).

So why would you have a lye tank and an e tank?

I have both. I must say I like the lye bath since I can throw pieces in and walk say for a few weeks. Very low maintenance.

For the same reason I scrape and rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher?

It does help keep the e-tank much cleaner and lets it do its job better.

Hilditch

Well, you can leave it in your e tank too. The lye tank can do multiple pieces at once and like WH said, helps your e tank work faster

For myself, the first reason is to keep the e-tank cleaner as it works better and I do not have to change it.

Second reason, when I come home from a day of hunting or an auction, I have Many pieces that all need to be cleaned. They all go into my lye tank. One by one they all go into the eTank where I can only clean one at a time. My lye tank is 55 gal. I can clean a lot of iron at once when I need to.

Well, you can leave it in your e tank too. The lye tank can do multiple pieces at once and like WH said, helps your e tank work faster

I learned something yet again from you guys. I hadn't even thought of the quantity factor

Thanks again

Back