Had a Hankerin'

CJMunnich

I got tired of driving 9 hrs to Memphis, so I made my own.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 94
Nice.

I see the use of two CI saucepans there; how well do they work for you? Have any trouble maintaining the seasoning?

First bite (with the eyes) is a “9”. Believe it or not, in many places we’ve landed in the Southern US we just can’t find fried chicken. Maybe you can find some soul food closer to home as a second choice.

Hilditch

Nice.

I see the use of two CI saucepans there; how well do they work for you? Have any trouble maintaining the seasoning?

They work great, but I only use them for oily/greasy foods. I've never tried to boil water or cook something acidic.

Ah, now that's this colonel's secret recipe!

Seriously though, we like it on the spicy side so we soak the chicken in a mix of buttermilk and Louisiana hot sauce. The breading is flour, cornstarch, garlic, salt, black, white, and red pepper. This time we double breaded it as an experiment and it worked well.

Since we used a #12, it was cooked in the oven at 400. Probably should have used the #14 as we ran out of real estate cooking a complete chicken ant one time.

I'm confused. I thought it was fried chicken. Is it baked or fried or both?

Kinda both. 1/2 filled the skillet with oil. Put it in the oven until it was up to temp. Added the chicken. Cooked in oven, one flip. Really worked out well.

Back