BSR Sauce pan ID please

I thought BSR sauce pans had elongated handles. But maybe that's on the older ones? Whoever made it, it's a nice looking pan!

My 2 qt. BSR without the pouring tab is 7” D and 13 1/2” with handle. That looks like 8” D and 13 1/2”. ????????? $25 + shipping + finding the right lid sounds a little steep for me.

Hilditch

I could say with better certainty if there were more pics from different angles but yes, that does look like a BSR 3QT saucepan.

It's the 2QT saucepans with the elongated handles; this looks right for 3QT. And the markings on the bottom were only post-automation; pre-automation they were on top of the handle, which can't be seen in this pic.

The 3QT is also the only one with a pour spout on one side and a helper tab (like in the pic) on the other (1 & 2QT had no pour spouts).

But personally I wouldn't get it for $25, though. From a user perspective these CI saucepans are much less than ideal and from a collector perspective $25 would be fine if it included the matching lid, IMO.

There's some pics of a 2QT and a 3QT here:
http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4156

Last edited:
Yes I forgot to put and on top that they did Mark them on the top of the handles also. but thay are always marked one quart 2 quart 3 quart correct?

For the most part yes, all BSR saucepans had "1QT", "2QT", or "3QT" markings on them, with some latter ones also having "Made in USA" and "stew pan" markings in addition.

But one thing I've learned about BSR when it comes to their markings is there always seems to be a piece that turns up that's an exception to the rule. For example, the modemac page on BSR saucepans has a pic of one marked simply "3Q", no "T". I wouldn't be surprised if there was an unmarked example out there.

I've seen the one that's a stew pan on them but they never have any lids. I just passed one up in Georgia weeks ago. they wanted 50 for it. the lid said taiwan on it and didnt even fit

I could say with better certainty if there were more pics from different angles but yes, that does look like a BSR 3QT saucepan.

It's the 2QT saucepans with the elongated handles; this looks right for 3QT. And the markings on the bottom were only post-automation; pre-automation they were on top of the handle, which can't be seen in this pic.

The 3QT is also the only one with a pour spout on one side and a helper tab (like in the pic) on the other (1 & 2QT had no pour spouts).

But personally I wouldn't get it for $25, though. From a user perspective these CI saucepans are much less than ideal and from a collector perspective $25 would be fine if it included the matching lid, IMO.

There's some pics of a 2QT and a 3QT here:
http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4156

I followed your link, Eric--very interesting. That was before I joined so I appreciated being directed to it. :icon_thumbsup:

Back