Local purchase today

Lloyd B

I received a notification on a local sales site that a "cast iron" item had been added. The owner only knew that it was a "vintage chicken fryer". The photos were clearly of an Iron Mountain Chicken Fryer #8, but only the top of the lid was pictured. I arrived to find the Chicken Fryer wearing a fully marked Griswold P/N 1098 lid! Not a match but a surprise none the less.
d8df7091c1963959165d72dd240f9b24.jpg
f7896287e841afbf38f83af9830b4598.jpg
d0a9aaa950a4c8cf67d657910bc9da71.jpg

I think you got a sweet deal. An Iron Mountain 12 lives on my stove. I am suspicious that the #4 really exist but I will keep hunting for that little guy. I have extra 5's and 6's that I can live without but that number 4 is elusive. I just really dig the shape of the handle. Not sure why but I like it. Plus, a Griswold skillet lid is always a score, you got one! :wine:

How are you securing your skillets to the wall? I noticed your display wall.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Isn't the lid an LBL logo? I have a Griswold chicken fryer and my lid isn't fully marked. The fryer is a MBL but the lid looks to be SBL.

How are you securing your skillets to the wall? I noticed your display wall.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Isn't the lid an LBL logo? I have a Griswold chicken fryer and my lid isn't fully marked. The fryer is a MBL but the lid looks to be SBL.

I secure them with wood screws under each pour spout. I cut clear tubing to slip over the threads so it doesn't scratch my pieces.

Yes it is, they didn't come together. It's the same dimensions so it fits like it did. I'm thinking this lid is more valuable than the one it was supposed to have but I'd still like to have the matching pair.

Back