Bread Pan

Bonnie Scott

I got a text from Michael letting me know there was an estate sale down the street. I hurried over and found this for $1. One dollar? yep

Attachments

• Bread.jpg
    Bread.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 55
  • bread pan 1.jpg
    bread pan 1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 45
Lucky for Bonnie I had errands to run or I could have been making this post. Guess the point being is that it really does pay off to have two people looking for treasures. I've never seen one of these in the wild but now I can walk out the back door and simply peak at it all day long.

Thought I might add that the value of this bread pan doesn't quite make up for the Martin 12 Camp oven I destroyed the day before with a rookie mistake. I put it on a fire that was much too hot and cracked it. :oops:

This double bread pan and a single like it don't appear to be all that old (no "Sidney -O-"). They are not seen in catalogs from the 20s or 40s. An early 1980s price sheet lists them as c/n 1161 and 1162 respectively. Those c/ns don't appear in the BB and RB appendices, but the double pan is shown in the BB.

I saw a question asked in Feb 2017 about this same pan. Why does the blue book put the value at 20-30$ but they sell for $175. That post was never answered. Ebay search confirms they sell for $175.

BB prices weren't updated much if at all whenever it was revised, the last time being 6 yrs ago, IIRC. I think if they're selling for $175, it's b/c the buyers aren't aware they're not old.

Thought I might add that the value of this bread pan doesn't quite make up for the Martin 12 Camp oven I destroyed the day before with a rookie mistake. I put it on a fire that was much too hot and cracked it. :oops:
Fire is the worst way to clean CI, unfortunately you doing that out. You can't control the temp of a fire. If you're camping just try boiling water if you have really stuck on food.

GTurner, I didn't clean it with fire. Before I cracked it Michael did a wonderful job cleaning it in the e tank. I recently got a viking gas range, one of the burners is very high BTU's. I set the bottom of the CO on the burner to help dry it off and unfortunately I had the burner turned up too high. Like I said it was a rookie mistake. This stove is taking some time to get used to.

Okay. I've heard of a lot of cracked CI from placing in a fire.
GTurner, I didn't clean it with fire. Before I cracked it Michael did a wonderful job cleaning it in the e tank. I recently got a viking gas range, one of the burners is very high BTU's. I set the bottom of the CO on the burner to help dry it off and unfortunately I had the burner turned up too high. Like I said it was a rookie mistake. This stove is taking some time to get used to.

Yeah Bonnie and Michael aren't as active here as they used to be but when it comes to handling cast iron they're both seasoned professionals, pun intended...

Yeah Bonnie and Michael aren't as active here as they used to be but when it comes to handling cast iron they're both seasoned professionals, pun intended...

Thanks EricC, We have been busy trying to turn a 100 year old bank into a home. Finally freed up some time to work on our favorite hobby and it's a good thing. I was having cast iron withdrawals. :icon_rofl:

Back