Not Quite a BSR, but What else Could It Be?

Ty L.

I picked up a #7 skillet today that I'd previously passed on a couple of times because I couldn't readily identify the maker. It looks like a late Red Mountain BSR except for the rib underneath the handle not making it all the way to the outer sidewall. The weight, the size and location of its markings, the unbroken inset heat ring, and everything else screams "I'm a BSR!" except for that one tiny area underneath where the handle meets the skillet. Am I chasing my tail thinking this isn't a BSR when it really is?

Attachments

• 7BOTTOM.jpg
    7BOTTOM.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 7TOP.jpg
    7TOP.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 77
The small pours spouts and neatness of the markings would place it post-automation. It could have been sold as either RM or Century.

You sure this is a BS&R? I always thought the bottom of the handle always comes to a point when it meets the sidewall of the skillet and not taper off like this one does?

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

You sure this is a BS&R? I always thought the bottom of the handle always comes to a point when it meets the sidewall of the skillet and not taper off like this one does?

Sorry, but don't seem to be able to edit my own post but found information on BS&R that show a few skillets with tiny flats on the taper.

http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Birmingham_Stove_and_Range

Back