Sidney Script Logo

MDFraley

According to our cast iron trademarks the Sidney Hollowware pieces were made between 1888-1897. I have purchased a piece of Sidney "script logo" so is it safe to say this piece would fall in line with those dates? Guess the second part of this question is there a specific date the script pieces were made?

I've never seen or heard of Sidney "script" logos. By script are you meaning a cursive font? I've only seen Sidney in a block font. If you can put up a picture it might help.

I've never seen or heard of Sidney "script" logos. By script are you meaning a cursive font? I've only seen Sidney in a block font. If you can put up a picture it might help.

I vote for an emoticon of my foot in my mouth. I just seen Ty L.'s post below mine and just seen this on eBay. :covri:

My piece is the same script writing but not as clean looking as the one shown. I am anxious to start restoration when it gets to me but will have to wait for a few days. The link Ty L referenced is in our forum and I viewed it before sending this post. It does not reveal any specific dates associated with any one particular picture though like some of the other pictures do and that was why I was asking if there was any one year/s that the script pieces were produced. Assuming it was made in 1888 would make it 127 yrs. old or made in 1897 would make it 118 yrs. old. Either way would make it 100 + yrs. so I will tag it with my other 100 + pieces which is increasing handsomely.

My Sidney script #10 griddle. They forgot to dot the "i" on mine. I've seen a few differences in the cursive scripts. Some seem to be a little fancier than others.

Sidney%20O%20script_zpsfcecoocm.jpg

Sidney%20close%20up%20top_zpsxv3d85fm.jpg

Sidney%20top_zpsirtw4bbq.jpg

Nice piece.....It's almost like someone signed each piece differently when the mold was formed. The piece I purchased looks almost identical to yours. The "S" on mine isn't as fancy as yours but the "Y" on mine has a fancier tail on it. Mine is a bean pot as per the listing, #4 with bail and tipping ring. I paid $41 + $17 shipping so I feel like it was a good buy. Has some minor rust which I think will mostly dissolve after a day in the "E" tank. May put it on show and tell if it turns out like I think it will.

Back