Ozark Crescent Fd'y Dating

GTurner

I have an Ozark Crescent Fd'y Co. #3. I have seen ones with 253 on the bottom and mine that says No.3 instead. Does anyone know when the change came? Also does anyone have any additional info on the company? I have checked the site with very little info available on this foundry.

They are also seen in all other respects identical but without the "CRESCENT FD'Y CO." and instead "UNION MADE" less boldly-incised above the OZARK. The arrangement of the TMs on each strongly suggests the Union Made version, without the Crescent, came after the other. That the "No. 3" is seen on pans with the Crescent markings means it preceded the Union Made versions. Hard to say where all these fall date-wise. Early 1900s - 1930s?

Ive got a crescent fdy #4 there is very little info that i have found on them. it is a really well made skillet. Its me favorite egg sandwich egg fryer. Makes them the perfect size.

They are also seen in all other respects identical but without the "CRESCENT FD'Y CO." and instead "UNION MADE" less boldly-incised above the OZARK. The arrangement of the TMs on each strongly suggests the Union Made version, without the Crescent, came after the other. That the "No. 3" is seen on pans with the Crescent markings means it preceded the Union Made versions. Hard to say where all these fall date-wise. Early 1900s - 1930s?
Thanks Doug D. I'm going to enjoy it once it arrives this week.

Back