Lodge Legacy Series

I mentioned that in a comment on facebook. I told them that new cast iron users are getting frustrated with cast iron easily now because it is not as smooth and non stick as they hear.

If their first legacy piece is a #8 with a ground cooking surface and light like they were in the pre-DISA days this is going to be a really bad year for the likes of Field, Finex, and Stargazer.

If their first legacy piece is a #8 with a ground cooking surface and light like they were in the pre-DISA days this is going to be a really bad year for the likes of Field, Finex, and Stargazer.

The article said a few minor improvements if I recall. The improvements are probably a thicker wall and bottom for durability, textured cooking surface so food sticks and builds seasoning faster, and heavier so id doesnt float away.

Seriously though, I hope they dont cock this up. This is their chance to redeem themselves and put good usable cast iron back out there on store shelves.

A bit disappointed in their offering but it makes sense as it won't cannibalize their skillet sales. A waffle iron would have been better choice.

Looks like first piece will be a bundt pan, Lodge just released a sneak peek photo to social media.

Let's hope it's priced right. I've been looking for a Bundt pan for awhile. I can't pay hundreds for an older one, even though I would prefer an older one.

Do you know what capacity (cup size) Lodge made its pans back in the day?

Polish grinding was limited to items with flat surfaces, capable of being attached to a rotating mechanism. If the rest required any finishing process, they were only tumbled. Any smoothness on a piece like a bundt pan would more likely require finer sand and a surface preparation applied to the mold.

I got an email about the new pan. Its a very nice piece, just not up my alley in terms of interest. I bet its very well made tho.

I inquired via Facebook. Lodge replied that they haven't released the new Legacy item yet - stay tuned, so there must be one. Saw 2018's item 1/24/18, so should be coming soon.

I inquired via Facebook. Lodge replied that they haven't released the new Legacy item yet - stay tuned, so there must be one. Saw 2018's item 1/24/18, so should be coming soon.
Thanks. I knew it was January, but didn't remember when they announced.

The article said a few minor improvements if I recall. The improvements are probably a thicker wall and bottom for durability, textured cooking surface so food sticks and builds seasoning faster, and heavier so id doesnt float away.

Seriously though, I hope they dont cock this up. This is their chance to redeem themselves and put good usable cast iron back out there on store shelves.

I like the new Lodge cookware. I have never had food stick to the textured surface, and after 2 or 3 years of regular use my skillet is nearly smooth. It took me months of use just to get my old non seasoned skillets seasoned right because I didn't know what I was doing back then.

Back