Muffin(?) pan, never seen one like it

TyHiggins

I have a line on this muffin pan, it's a 2 hour drive to Des Moines but I can make a day of it, do some picking. My friend there says it has gate marks on the bottom middle cups, and seems really light, and is $10. I'm thinking it must and shall be mine.

Last edited:
These 6 and 12 cup turk's head pans appear to have been produced by a number of foundries. Lodge made open frame versions, numbered 19 and 20 on the handle. Most of those seen with gate marks and indistinct numbers I suspect are recasts. I don't think I'd drive 2 hours to get one of them unless it was a Griswold 130 or I felt certain there were other pickings to be had.

Turkhead pans of the style that Ty pictured are or were common around the south along with cornstick pans. I would think that many of the different foundries made the pans over many years.

From the full size pic I'd say definitely not a recast. I wouldn't drive up there just for that, I'm sure a city like Des Moines could offer a full day of 'picking' up there, and I am overdue for a road trip and some fresh hunting ground.

Back