Cooking Fish in C.I. Leave a Fish Aftertaste?

JLenzo

My cousin asked me if I had cooked any fish in C.I which I have not to this point. She was wondering if it will leave any taste in the seasoning after cooking? Anybody have thoughts on this? I guess I need to get some fish and try it personally but I thought I would ask.

I cook salmon often in my regular user #10. After wiping out and cleaning off any stuck on bits, I swish it with a Dobie pad and a spot of Dawn liquid.

I have cooked many pounds of catfish in some of my deep dutch ovens over propane. The result is a good seasoning inside the pot. A messy carbon seasoning outside. Deep fried catfish is great for both the inside and outside of a dutch/ spider /pig ear oven. Taste great. Retains heat at a lower propane flame. In moderation for the heart, health and fried food allowance.

I've never noticed a fishy aftertaste in other foods I've cooked in CI that I've used previously for fried fish.

I often cook fish on my shallow pan skillet. Just cover with tin foil and put it into the oven. Makes clean up easy and no chance of a taste on the griddle. Yummy!

Ditto.

I've cooked tilipia and salmon in #8s, #9s and #10. Never noticed any "fishiness" the next time they were used. Have probably cooked trout fillets in them as well.

Back