Tip: How to recover your post after "Your submission could not be processed"

RustyP

Tip: How to recover your post after "Your submission could not be processed"

This has happened to all of us, right?
lostpost.png

But when you click Back, your whole post is gone! Ugh!
Well, if you're on Google Chrome, here's how you can get your post back!

1. Press F12 to bring the debug pane up.
    debug.png

2. Make the debug pane bigger so you can see what you're doing, then click on Network. At first, it'll show an empty table.
    network.png

3. Press F5 to reload the page. This should fill the Network table full of stuff. Click on the first row, which should say POST in one of the columns.
    postdata.png

4. Scroll down in the bottom half of the page, and you should see your message under the Form Data! You can copy it from here and try your post again. You might want to paste it into notepad first, just in case.
    fomdata.png

Re: Tip: How to recover your post after "Your submission could not be processed"

I've not experienced that yet but I do have the problem when photos are displayed I have to click the back button several times in rapid succession to back up but then it brings me all the way back to the start page instead of the forum thread I was in. This however is a very small bug for such an otherwise great site.

Re: Tip: How to recover your post after "Your submission could not be processed"

Is that on mobile? I've noticed a lot of the newer forums have some annoying behavior like that, where it takes over your back button.

The message I posted comes from leaving your reply open for too long without posting it, such as if you start writing a big post at night, but don't finish it until after work the next day.

Back