Cast Iron Pot

KathySimmons

Hello All, I need a little help. I have a cast iron pot that was my moms and it was her moms. But it has the markings of 20 in it or I think it’s 20 or 29. Can someone tell me how old it is and what it’s worth might be? I have pics of it. I think it’s a 20gallon what I like to call a witches pot. Any help would be appreciated. In advance Thank you

Too large images cause the error. Resize smaller, largest dimension less than 1024px, and try them again.

Too large images cause the error. Resize smaller, largest dimension less than 1024px, and try them again.

665781a2003a802ddda36c3753fc7dba.jpg
5fe12fbddb6908dae42e7080cbac684e.jpg
cf6f789bcf25f03fab2c1f41300dd96e.jpg

Pots in that condition will sell for $250-$300 in my area. Clean it up and cook a big pot of beans or chili in it this fall.

The asking prices for these in my area vary greatly. I’ve seen them advertised for up to $900. But if you patiently wait you can come across a great deal. I have one that is about a size 30 that I paid $130. It is in great shape. I bought it when I didn’t have as much experience with shopping for cast iron. I recently purchased a #15 for $60. It’s in great shape. I would say that if a person does their homework and takes their time, that there are fair deals on them out there and there is occasionally a great deal on one. But if you rush into a deal you could be paying too much for a rusted out piece.

Back