View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Getting Fit for Forty Using Cast Iron

Update

I've lost two pounds and I've walked about 12.5 miles to date. No running yet. Cutting down on sugar has been the toughest part so far. Its addictive and in nearly everything.
It's also been a challenge to shop for recipes due to covid19 so I do the best with what I got.

I've used CI for several meals. One was for egg and bacon breakfast burritos in low carb tortillas and another meal was chicken and artichoke heart in olive oil. Those are pretty straight forward and maybe not so interesting so I won't write more bout them.

I did find a recipe that I found appealing, my highlight recipe, which was Cabbage and Noodles. I posted the recipe in the recipe section. I found it appealing not only for its simplicity but also its long history. Cabbage stores well so back in the day it was one of the few items that could be eaten year round in eastern European countries with poor agriculture. I recommend googling it for some more background and recipe variants. I think it's better known as Haluski.